When faced with a decision to work out or bake for a coworkers baby shower – always, always bake. Especially when it leads to little miracles like these puppies…
I knew I had to give The Curvy Carrot’s thumbprint recipe a try from the moment I laid eyes on them (aka last night circa 11 pm…tonight being my first possible bakertunity)
Thumbprint cookies for 60…
What you’ll need:
33 tbsps of butter. yup.
1 1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/8 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons vanilla (or 1 1/2 tsp of madagascar vanilla)
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
Sprinkles of all shapes and sizes
60 chocolate kisses (or hugs!)
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Beat butter on medium-high speed till fluffy
3. Add sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and beat
4. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
Don’t let shells fall in...
5. Beat in the flour.
6. If your dough is too sticky, let it cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour
7. Once easily handled, roll dough into 1-inch balls.
7.5 Invite an elf who masquerades over to help you roll out the cookies. Laugh at how different you are
8. Roll balls in sprinkles to coat.
10. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are firm. Get ya kisses ready and press them in when they’re done
I hope you all are having a great week! We’re officially over the hump 🙂
P.S. It’s national Oatmeal month andNational Thank You month. That said,
- thank you oatmeal, thank you for everything.