When I opened my computer, I realized that I had left open my Novelmber project, “Classroom Rules”. Now that it’s November 24th, I think it’s safe to say that I will not be completing the novel (nor the first chapter). Unfortunately, I my legs have been successful with Noshavember but that ends tonight.
I digress..November has been filled with some fun events.
Kate Nash concert with my best friend
In other news, word on the street is that it’s Thanksgiving tomorrow. Which one means one thing…
Spiced Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream
This was the first time I made a recipe entirely from my own volition…it was quite tasty…
Recipe – What you’ll need
12 spice wafer cookies (crushed) – you can also use oatmeal cookies or nilla wafers…or graham crackers…or probably even pretzels. Use whatever the hell you want that tastes good baked with butter.
3 tbsp melted better (divided)
2 granny smiths (peeled and chopped)
3 c + 3tsp granulated sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
3 c heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 c half and half
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (toasted)
1. Peel and chop apples. Add apples to a skillet with 1 tbsp butter, 3 tbsp of sugar, and 1 tsp of sugar. Cook until apples are soft and brown (7-10 min). Set aside in separate bowl and let cool
2. Crush cookies with mix with 2 tbsp of melted butter. Bake @ 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until soft. Add to the bowl with your fried apples.
3. In a separate bowl mix 3 cups of heavy cream, 1.5 c of milk, 3 tsp of cinnamon, 3 eggs (beaten), 1 cup of sugar. Transfer to ice cream maker and freeze per manufacturer’s instructions.
4. Toast walnuts in the pan you cooked your apples in. (Sugar should remelt to help toasting) 5+/- min
5. About 5 minutes before your ice cream is finished add the apples, walnuts, and cookies.
7. Transfer to a separate container and freeze for 2-3 hrs.
8. Enjoy (add dulce de leche or caramel sauce if you want)
Off for some night before Thanksgiving shananigannawoos…Happy Turkey Day 🙂
Gobble gobble giggle,